Tuesday, July 25, 2006

reluctant to seem too eager

Typical!

I have been weighing up whether or not its worth getting a job for the rest of this summer. An opportunity that seemed worth it did appear in my student webmail; £75 an hour, 4 weeks with flexible hours, and a bonus at the end (thats £1500+!). It sounded like a pretty easy job too where I would just sit at a computer manipulating images of a medical nature in some way. I was reluctant to seem to eager right away due to a potential trip to Canada on the cards, so I sent an email asking for details as it was a Saturday and no one was answering the phone number I was given.

After a phone call, it turns out I missed a deadline of sorts that was on the Thursday of last week, the day I read the email!

The job, of course, was just as sweet sounding to about 70 other people so the organisers decided to only send application forms to those who had requested them before Thursday.

So I have gone from weighing up whether to earn quite a decent amount of cash working for the final 4 weeks of summer or to have no cash at the start of the academic year by flying to Canada for a week to potentially having the possibility that neither will occur. The optimistic side of me still believes that both are a possibility however, despite the fact that both are receding away from me at tremendous pace.

I have sent a pleading but polite email to the head honcho at this job opportunity in Manchester requesting that he send out just one more application form to little ol' me. They need me, dammit! Meanwhile, I am keeping my fingers crossed that my chum in Canada can get the necessary time off work to allow me to fly over.

If neither of these things happen, I shall wear my sad face, whilst refusing to ask for my delivery job at Domino's Pizza back, and I shall enter the beginning of the third year at Medical school with a normal amount of debt and reasonable amount of cash. That's just boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment